Eddie Skelton was a native of Tennessee. His first radio job was at
a station in Johnson City, Tennessee - WJHL. By 1953, he was
attracting an audience over radio station WPEO in Peoria, Illinois.
In Peoria, Eddie and the Sundown Valley Boys were appearing four nights
a week at the Sunset Gardens. On Sundays from 3:30pm to 4:30pm,
broadcasting 'live' from the Sunset Gardens.
Timeline & Trivia Notes
- Eddie Skelton, rhythm guitar and vocals
- Sherm Ward, electric and Spanish guitars
- "Bashful" Ollie Hughes, hot fiddle
- Archie Simmons, bass
- "Little" Billy Robertson, electric steel guitar
Credits & Sources
- Country Song Roundup No. 27; December 1953; American
Folk Publications, Inc.; Derby, CT