In 1951, country music history finds that Freddy Wood was performing
over radio station WRIB out of Providence, Rhode Island with his group,
Freddy and his band played many of the 'ranches' on the east coast back
then such as the Pine Crest Ranch, Wagon Wheel, Sunny Crest and Indian Ranch.
An undated writeup in an old radio station folio indicated they had a weekly
Saturday morning show that aired at 8:45am over radio station WRIB.
Timeline & Trivia Notes
- Freddy Wood, vocals, guitar and bass
- Art Parrillo, steel guitar
- Joe Vassella, melody guitar
- Tony Manzi, accordion
Credits & Sources
- Country Song Roundup No. 15; December 1951;
American Folk Publications, Inc.; Derby, CT
- Hillbilly-Music.com wishes to thank Gordon Brown, of
the New England Country Music Historical Society for the photo and notes
for this group.