Bill Wimberly led this group that was based in the southwest at the end
of 1953. The group had a daily show over radio station KFH in Wichita, Kansas
and had been there since 1939.
The act performed various types of tunes such as swing, Western band
selections and included vocals by Buddy, Cotton and Bill.
If you need an example of the group's popularity in KFH's listening area,
the station offered a free photo to fans who wrote and requested it. The
station got swamped with over 4,000 requests.
Later, Bill Wimberly became a part of Red Foley's show, the Ozark Jubilee.
Timeline and Trivia Notes
- Bill Wimberly, lead, vocals
- Cotton Wittington, left-handed steel guitar, vocals
- Gene Crownover, steel guitar
- Buddy Kendrick, bass, vocals
- Gene Gasaway, fiddle
- Jack Atchley, piano
Credits & Sources
- Country Song Roundup; No. 27; December 1953; American
Folk Publications, Inc.; Derby, CT